Popular wireless cell phone deals for seniors
Seniors who use their phones on a regular basis will benefit from unlimited plans available across major network carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and Cricket Wireless. These networks also offer limited usage plans for basic calling and text for seniors who don’t use their phone regularly. Alternatively, Greatcall, Jitterbug, and Consumer Cellular are among a few popular options that offer the best of both worlds with many basic and premium no-contract plans.
Choosing a plan can be confusing when you compare the specifics of multiple service providers. Read on to find out how to get the best deals on cell phone plans and handsets.
Which are the popular wireless cell phone handsets available for seniors?
- Seniors can avail cheap handsets at a Jitterbug wireless phones sale for just about $99.99 with the basic plan after paying a one-time activation fee of $35.
- The Jitterbug Smart is available for $129.99 for the more tech-savvy seniors.
- Seniors can also benefit from the ZTE Blade Z Max Review with a bigger screen for better view and access available for approximately $129.
- Kyocera offers affordable handsets for less than $150 with the Kyocera Cadence LTE and Kyocera DuraXTP.
Are there any low-cost affordable carriers that offer the best wireless phone deals for seniors?
- T-Mobile offers a great overall wireless phone deal with a combination of unlimited talk, text, and data at approximately $70/month for seniors who regularly use their phones.
- GreatCall is an affordable option in comparison for limited calling, text, and data wireless plans. Popular options start at around $14.99 for 200 minutes of calling, with an additional $3 charged for 300 text messages, and limited data of just 40MB for the plan.
- For seniors who are looking to buy wireless cell phones with prepaid plans, MetroPCS offers an unlimited talk and text option with 2GB 4G limited data starting at about $40.
- You can also check out the best wireless phone deals with Consumer Cellular. Plans that start at approximately $20/month that feature unlimited texting, with limited calling and data. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) members can benefit from Consumer Cellular with a 5% discount on their best wireless plan.
- US Mobile offers comprehensive features for seniors with plans that start at just about $2.50 for their limited services. It is also one of the service providers that features a 30-days trial period for most of its plans.
What all is included in the unlimited wireless phone deals?
- Unlimited wireless deals and plans offer a combination of calling, text, and data. In most cases, calling and texting is unlimited, but data are subject to de-prioritization and fair usage policies (FUP).
- Internet browsing and access speeds are reduced after you exhaust the usage limit.
- Unlimited plans also include streaming support for different bandwidths and offer a dedicated hotspot allowance to turn your cell phone into a functional hotspot device.
- Verizon features three popular wireless plans, including the Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, and Above Unlimited.
- The plans offer access to 4G LTE data, talk, text, quality streaming, mobile hotspot, and additional coverage included for Mexico and Canada.
- The Go Unlimited plan can be subscribed for approximately $75 per line that offers all of the above. You can also check out the Beyond Unlimited all-inclusive plan that offers HD streaming support for an extra $10 and premium data up to 22GB before FUP.
- The Above Unlimited plan priced at around $95 also offers premium data up to 75GB with support for HD streaming and unlimited WiFi hotspot that might be subject to the standard FUP.
What are the points to consider before you compare and buy wireless cell phone plans?
- Network coverage is one of the main factors to consider as there is no point in paying money to buy wireless cell phone plans with a service that has availability issues.
- It is a good idea to consider some of the best wireless phone deals that are not bound by a contract with a particular service provider. No-contract plans allow you to be flexible and switch between service providers.
- You must also consider the cost and pricing structure of a plan, especially the plans that boast unlimited features for calling, texting, and Internet usage.
- Customer support is of paramount importance and it is important to review the service quality across popular network carriers.
(TAGS-buy wireless cell phone, wireless phone deals, wireless plans, compare wireless cell phone plans, best wireless plan, best wireless phone deals, wireless phones sale)