In today’s technological environment, where data and cloud computing are becoming more and more significant, an Azure Data Engineer is extremely important. Azure Data Engineers are in high demand due to the growth of cloud-based data solutions. In this article, we will examine the duties of an Azure Data Engineer as well as the typical pay in this industry. This Azure Data Engineer Salary blog will give you useful insights into the world of Azure Data Engineering and its pay scale, whether you are an experienced IT professional looking for a career change or a recent graduate exploring the job market.
The average pay for an Azure Data Engineer in the United States is $110,000 per year, with a range of $80,000 to $140,000, according to a recent Glassdoor report. However, this figure can differ significantly depending on a number of variables, such as location, experience, and employer. For instance, the average salary in cities like San Francisco, Seattle, and New York is typically higher compared to other cities.
Another element that may have an impact on an Azure Data Engineer’s pay is experience. The same report states that entry-level Azure Data Engineers can expect to make around $90,000 a year, while professionals with experience can make up to $120,000.
The size and nature of the employer can also have a big impact on how much an Azure Data Engineer makes. For instance, compared to smaller businesses, big tech firms like Microsoft, Amazon, and Google typically offer higher salaries. In addition, compared to their counterparts in the private sector, government, and nonprofit organizations typically pay less.
- Who is an Azure Data Engineer?
- Azure Data Engineer Salary
- Azure Data Engineer Salary Based on Experience
- Azure Data Engineer Similar Job roles and Salary
- Companies Hiring Azure Data Engineers
- Top Skills for Azure Data Engineers
- Azure Data Engineer Job Description
Who is an Azure Data Engineer?
Data engineers typically work in an indoor office setting, and a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field is often required. Computer skills, particularly with Linux systems, and three to five years of prior work experience may be required, as well as knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimism, as well as experience processing and interpreting data sets.
Data engineers are in charge of creating and translating computer algorithms into prototype code, as well as organizing, maintaining, and identifying trends in large data sets. Expected skills and experience include SQL database design proficiency, process documentation proficiency, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently and in teams. To supervise real-time business metric aggregation, data warehousing and querying, schema and data management, and related duties, familiarity with the computer coding languages python, java, Kafka, hive, or storm may be required.
Data engineers frequently work in groups and should enjoy collaborating with other data engineers. Work schedules are frequently flexible, with options such as working from home, paid days off, 401k, vacation time, and health insurance.
Azure Data Engineer Salary
The average annual salary for an Azure Data Engineer in India is 6.5 Lakhs, with salaries ranging from 4.4 Lakhs to 15.0 Lakhs. Salary projections are based on the most recent 2.2k salaries provided by Azure Data Engineers.
Azure Data Engineer Salary Based on Experience
The average pay for an Azure Data Engineer in the United States is $132,000 per year, with a range of $117,000 to $156,000, according to a recent Glassdoor report.
The average pay for an Azure Data Engineer in India is 7 lakhs per year, with a range of 4 lakhs to 16 lakhs, according to a recent Glassdoor report.
Azure Data Engineer Similar Job roles and Salary
Senior Data Engineer/Senior Azure Data Engineer
- A mid-sized Consulting company that works with a handful of Commercial and Federal companies is looking for a Senior Data Engineer / Senior Azure Data Engineer to join their team.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working as a Data Engineer specifically within an Azure environment, and be comfortable with Azure Data Factory, Databricks, ETL, Synapse, and Azure Data Storage.
- The team is on the east coast so, while it’s a remote role, ideally someone on the east coast or OK working east coast hours is needed, as well.
Azure Site Reliability Engineer
- Engineer for Azure Site Reliability
- This rapidly expanding business is looking for an accomplished people manager to oversee our Developer Platform team.
- The Swiftly platform can be enhanced or extended by internal and partner developers using the Developer Platform. Our technology stack
- consists primarily of microservices written in Kotlin and running in Kubernetes?
- on Azure, but what interests us more is engineering talent.
- versatile and intellectually curious enough to learn new things and identify the most effective tools for problem-solving.
- This business is based in the D.C. metro area and will continue to operate entirely remotely.
- Based on 937 salaries collected from 937 employees, the average total compensation for an entry-level Data Analyst with less than one year of experience is expected to be ₹391,939 (which includes tips, bonuses, and overtime pay).
- Based on 3,119 salaries, the average total compensation for an entry-level Data Analyst with 1-4 years of experience is ₹480,235.
- Based on 818 salaries, the average total compensation for a data analyst in the middle of their career with between 5 and 9 years of experience is ₹730,795.
- Based on 177 salaries, an experienced data analyst makes an average total salary of ₹1,001,074 for their work. They typically have between 10 and 19 years of experience.
Employees make an average total salary of ₹1,500,000 in their later years of employment (20 years and over).
- Based on 517 salaries, the average total compensation for an entry-level Data Scientist is estimated to be ₹584,249, including overtime pay, bonuses, and tips.
- Based on 2,282 salaries, the average total compensation for a Data Scientist in their first five years of employment is ₹824,553.
- Based on 899 salaries, the average total compensation for a mid-career data scientist with 5 to 9 years of experience is ₹1,465,319 per year.
- Based on 221 salaries, an experienced Data Scientist with 10–19 years of experience earns an average compensation of ₹1,917,808. Employees make an average total compensation of ₹1,362,500 in their late careers (20 years and up).
Companies Hiring Azure Data Engineers
Tata Consultancy Services
According to Payscale, the average total compensation for an entry-level Data Engineer with 1-4 years of experience is ₹426,000. This figure includes tips, bonuses, and overtime pay.
Using 5 salaries for a mid-career Data Engineer with 5 to 9 years of experience, the average total compensation is ₹622,008.
IBM India Private Limited
According to Payscale, the average total compensation for an entry-level Data Engineer with 1-4 years of experience is ₹589,581. This figure includes tips, bonuses, and overtime pay. Based on 11 salaries, a mid-career Data Engineer with 5 to 9 years of experience makes an average total salary of ₹720,000. Based on six salaries, the average total compensation for an experienced Data Engineer with 10–19 years of experience is ₹1,350.000.
According to Payscale, the average total compensation for an entry-level Data Engineer with 1-4 years of experience is ₹804,509 (including tips, bonus, and overtime pay). Using 6 salaries for a mid-career Data Engineer with 5 to 9 years of experience, the average total compensation is ₹855,522.
According to Payscale, the average total compensation for an entry-level Data Engineer with 1-4 years of experience is ₹490,000 (tips, bonus, and overtime pay not included). Based on 6 salaries, the average total compensation for a mid-career data engineer with 5 to 9 years of experience is ₹1,000,000.
Top Skills for Azure Data Engineers
ETL (Extract, transform, load), Apache Spark, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) skills are associated with higher-than-average pay. Python and SQL are two skills that pay less than the market rate.Azure Data Engineer Job Description
Job Description – From 4 to 7 years of experience
- An Azure Data Engineer with over 4 years of industry experience
- You must have prior experience with Azure Blobs, Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse, and Azure SQL Server.
- It is important to be well-versed in Azure DevOps best practices.
- Secondary Skill – Python, PySpark (Python) / Spark SQL (SQL), or other relevant coding experience is required.
- Capability to communicate effectively and clearly.
Job Description – From 9 – 12 years of experience
- Data Engineer for the development and support of the Invest cloud Data Hub
- Understand business requirements and actively contribute data inputs
- Understand the underlying data and data flow
- Create simple to complex pipelines and dataflows.
- Collaborate with other Azure stack modules such as Azure Data Lakes, SQL DW, and so on.
- Modules with security and authorization frameworks should be able to be implemented.
- Recognize and adapt to process changes as the project grows in size and function.
So this was all about the salary, job description, and skills of an Azure Data Engineer.
This blog will be updated on a regular basis to reflect current trends and changes.
Please leave a comment if you have any additional thoughts or questions about this topic.
If you want to get your CV shortlisted quickly, consider taking an Azure Data Engineer certification course.
If you want to learn more and get help with other certifications, please visit our Edureka website.
Until then, good luck with your studies!