4 frequently asked questions about free cell phones by government
Free phone service exists prominently in the country. However, there is only a certain category of people who are eligible for it. The phone is provided by a government program known as Lifeline Assistance Program. One needs to qualify for a free cell phone in order to avail of the program.
The phone one gets can either be a landline phone or a cell phone. This government service can be extremely helpful for people who are looking for a job and want to reach an employer or want to stay in touch with their family and loved ones. A free phone can also help during emergency medical situations.
How can one avail of a new Android phone for free?
One of the most successful programs is the government cell phone program, which is a part of the Life Assistance Program. Hence, there is no surprise that there are so many people signing up for the same. Around 12 to 15 million people in the country have a free cell phone. A free government cell phone can be easily acquired by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, one needs to check the general eligibility criteria of the program to determine if they are eligible for a new landline or new Android phone for free.
- Then, one needs to know if they meet the state’s specific eligibility requirement and which phones are provided in their state.
- Once a person is eligible for the program, the next step is to review the providers on the state list. This is a crucial step as even though the federal Lifeline Assistance Program has specific guidelines that the providers must follow, the phones and the plans provided tend to vary from provider to provider.
- After determining the provider, one can enroll for the program and submit the documents that are required. After the enrolment, the new phone usually arrives in the mail and the delivery time tends to vary between different cell phone companies.
What are the documents required to claim a new Android phone for free based on the income eligibility?
One needs to present documentation to prove that they are eligible for the free phone and service by the Government. Most people tend to claim free new Android phones by an income-based eligibility of the program. One can use any of the documentation mentioned below to claim their eligibility-
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- A current income statement or a paycheck stub from the employer
- Previous year’s federal, state, or tribal tax return.
- A divorce decree, a child support, or any other official document
- Unemployment or Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Retirement or pension statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Which are some of the popular companies that offer free cell phones?
Lifeline Assistance Program cell phone companies tend to vary greatly in size and also state by state availability. There are about 58 free new Android phone or new landline providers. The leading providers with millions of subscribers are Assurance Wireless and Safelink Wireless. Some of the other popular companies that provide free cell phones are-
- American Assistance
- FeelSafe Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy wireless
- Arctic Slope Telephone Association Corporation
- enTouch Wireless
- Copper Valley Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Infiniti Mobile
Does one need to sign a contract to avail of a new Android phone for free?
To avail of a landline or a new Android phone for free, there is no contract that is required. If one is eligible for the program, they will get a free cell phone or else they simply won’t.
- Even though there is no contract, one needs to re-qualify every year to keep the free cell phone and the free monthly minutes’ service. If one is no longer eligible, the service will be stopped.
- Also, if the financial condition of the person who has a free phone has improved or they don’t feel the need to use it, they can simply drop out of the program at any time.
Tag: new android phone free